Make Croutons!! You must be thinking, why would I make croutons at home when it is easy to buy it at the store. But I guarantee you that once you have made a homemade croutons, you will not go back to the store bought one. It’s that easy. Plus these are baked not fried and takes only 15 minutes to prepare. If you have any leftover bread in your kitchen and don’t know what to do with it, make croutons. It is good garnish over soups, salads or as a plain snack.
Ingredients for Croutons
1 whole baguette* (see notes)
4 tsbp ghee or almond oil or olive oil (I used ghee)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregono
1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Slice the baquette into 1/2 inch slices and then cut or tear them into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ghee or oil of your choice, salt, oregano and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread the bread evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle the seasoning on the bread and toss till it is well combined.
- Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, check if it brown enough. If not, let it bake for another 5 minutes. You will have to check on if every 5 minutes.
- Once it is done, let it cool completely.
- Store it and use as required.
Notes: You can use any kind of bread to prepare this croutons.